7 Questions Every Business Owner Should Ask of Their IT Provider
Having quality IT support is essential to keep your business running, but how can you know for sure that you’ve found the support that’s right for your organization? Often times, good IT support can be tricky to find, especially in areas where the technical skills required to perform IT maintenance are sparse. How can you get the support you need without making a difficult compromise?
The first hint that you might be wasting resources on IT support is that your current method of maintenance includes waiting until your technology breaks down. In short, this type of technology management could potentially waste both time and money. When your technology doesn’t work properly, you lose out on time spent being productive, and risk losing data. A better approach is managed IT services, where proactive measures are taken to mitigate problems and prepare for the possibility of downtime before it happens.
But… who will manage your technology? The answer: a managed IT service provider.
By the time you’ve chosen which company you’re going to outsource your IT to, you should be able to answer these questions concerning their qualifications and integrity.
- Will I be getting hit by unexpected monthly costs for services that I don’t necessarily want or need?
- What is the process of requesting IT support, and who is allowed to reach out and request aid?
- Does my IT provider have a good reputation with past and current clients?
- What kind of relationship do I want with my IT provider?
- Can I expect complete transparency from my IT provider?
- Will my IT provider be able to provide both short-term and long-term support for my organization’s technology needs?
- Is my IT provider able and willing to help my employees better understand their responsibilities as they pertain to security and business continuity?
At opX, our skilled technicians want to help your business better manage its technology assets. You will only be paying for goods and services that you want, rather than bundles full of services that you may not care for. Furthermore, opX keeps your business’s best interests in mind when working with your technology, unlike your typical break-fix vendor which might only be looking for a quick and dirty paycheck.
To learn more about managed IT services, reach out to us at 855-955-4OPX.